EXL LEARNING LAB
We are here to support families with school year 2020-2021! We have teamed up with MindCraft Makerspace to provide for in-person, small group, academic support, Monday-Friday 8:30-4:00 pm!
School work can be stressful, create tension at home and at school, and elicit tears and frustration. We have designed a EXL learning lab to provide that extra help your child needs now more than ever to build on social emotional, behavioral and executive functioning skills essential to productive personal and academic growth.
During learning lab, students will participate in their online schooling in a safe learning environment providing the support needed for a successful learning experience.
How are we different than community pods?
1. Experienced, back-ground checked teachers
2. Diagnostic assessment of kids current skills and abilities in reading and math
3. Supplemental, hands-on and real-time rigorous learning that address demonstrated gaps (not worksheets or screens)
4. Clear communication and coaching for parents when addressing concerns with teachers
5. All subject matters supervised for K-2, grades 3-5, and 6-12
6. Technology and supplemental materials provided
7. Research-based strategies for boosting academic performance
8. Executive Functioning skills incorporated in daily work requirements
9. Social-Emotional Skills highlighted and practiced
10.Fun STEAM Learning in MindCraft Kidz 12:30-4:00 pm to include crafting and making, 3D printing, coding, sewing and more!
Improving time management and organization skills
Coping with feeling overwhelmed with homework/academic tasks
Understanding one’s strengths and ways to build on them
Responding flexibly to changing in schedule or routine, flexible thinking
Initiating tasks and being able to ignore distractions and resist temptations, self-monitoring
About the Group:
- EF Group allows students the unique opportunity to learn and practice skills in a supportive, supervised environment making school work less stressful. This structure allows for lessons to be tailored to student’s unique needs and abilities.
- Parents will be given a bi-monthly topic as well as ways to practice these skills at home.
The first half of each session will introduce a new lesson, and the second half will be focused on applying these skills while your child completes homework.
Ages: Groups are designed for Upper Elementary students in grades 3 – 11. Enrollment is limited to 10 students per group.
Cost: $600 ($60 per 90 min session, a total of 10 sessions)
Sessions Run for 5 Weeks on Monday through Thursdays, 4:00-5:30 p.m.
*Students MUST commit to at least two days per week in order to receive EF curriculum*
Click on the Dates to register for upcoming classes:
One-on-one Executive Functioning Skills sessions are available if group sessions are not a fit for your child.
Questions about the group or individual sessions can be directed to Adriana at [email protected]